Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two in one day, let's hope I'm starting a trend

There are a lot of things that I have been thinking over before school starts. For one thing I am a chronic list maker and planner. I don't plan for the day, week, month, or even year I am a crazy long distance planner, like 15 years into the future. Of course I know all of these things will probably change, but it helps me feel that I have some semblance of control over my life if I make these crazy plans. I have now sucked Liam (husband) into these kinds of plans.

As far as these plans not working out I'm all for it. During my senior year of college, upon acceptance to law school this was my plan for the next 10 years of my life.
2007-2010: Attend law school (21-24)
2010-2013: Work BigLaw, pay off debts, work 90hr workweek, have no life (24-27)
2013-2015: Finally have a little financial freedom to look into other options (27-29)
2015-?: Begin life, I figured this was when I would actually be able to date, think about starting a family and all that jazz. I was completely fine with this whole progression. I was willing to become a single mom using a surrogate or donor or whatever was necessary if that plan didn't pan out. This is all null and void now, but that just goes to show you where I thought I would be at this point. Instead things have turned out differently and I wouldn't like it any other way. Life has a way of getting in the way of everyone's plans.

1 comment:

  1. Lol I feel like I am writing this! Oh my. Good to know I am not alone...

    ReplyDelete