Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wasn't this supposed to be about law school?

On that note, a post that isn't really about law school. At least the first part isn't about law school. Today, I had to take a day off of work. I am at the point where I will stop accruing time off, if I don't keep taking at least 2 days off a month. I guess it's not so terrible. What I did realize is staying home when you don't have kids would drive me out of my f*cking mind. I didn't do much today. Maybe it's just this town, but I could imagine I would get bored just about anywhere without something constructive to do. I worked out for 30 min, watched TV, read some blogs, read a lot of newspapers, read a book, went to visit friends. They were all going out to pick up their kids, go grocery shopping and a multitude of other things.

I can understand staying home for those mom or dads with kids. You would have way too much to do in a day. For me, I guess what I'm saying is I couldn't be a trophy wife, haha, like that needed a lot of confirmation. I think it's just a bit of a relief that I wouldn't prefer to life a life of leisure! I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it's certainly reaffirming my life's goals of not being a trophy wife. As if Liam would agree. He's looking forward to me graduating and making the big bucks, so he can retire early. I'm not too sure about the whole, him retiring early thing, but I am excited for the whole, me rocking the legal profession.

Onto more important thing, like the fact that my school is being far from communicative. As I may have mentioned before, I have deferred for a couple of years. So for the past 2 years I have had access to the admitted student sections of the website. This year it's seriously lacking. No student forums and chat boards, no real interactive material, pretty much just blah, same old stuff for the past 4 months. They even mention an open house that happened back in Jan. I mean I understand second deposits aren't due for another month or so, but really. Give me something to work with. I'm a compulsive planner, schedules, spreadsheets, timelines; I thrive on these things. I need more information to satisfy my desire for, well, more information. It makes it less scary for everyone. You don't want me delving into the inner workings of campus security or IT do you? Because I will go and read every webpage, find every mistake and give your a multitude of ridiculous questions, if I am not given more INFORMATION!!!

P.S. Went to get my immunizations yesterday. Well only one shot for Tetnus/Diptheria. Blood drawn to prove I've had chicken pox. I can't get my freaking TB test until June 15. They only do it once a month and they just did it on May 21. I'll be cutting it a little close on when it's due, but I'll see if I can scan and email it to them and then send the original, so they won't block my registration. That's me signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment