Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Am I screwed?

The more I read about the current state of the legal profession the more worried I am. I understand lower salaries or frozen salaries, but how does competition work when you have 3 years of law grads all scrapping for the same positions. This is especially scary when the number of positions will be a lot less than they have in the past.

I have been trying to find alternatives for next summer. Did I mention I was a crazy planner? So far I'm getting promising information. We'll see how long that lasts. One of my really good friends from Qatar, HTJ, has already started at Michigan this summer. He says the one thing he can say about law school is he wishes he started earlier and really likes it. This gives me hope and I really can't wait until I can start!

2 comments:

  1. Answering your question from my blog: Wordpress I think does this automatically for its users, but since we're blogspot we need third party providers. There are two possible services. Sitemeter is very popular because it has been around for a while -- you see the "hit counter" on my blog? That comes from sitemeter. Google analytics is newer and 'shinier' and has more features for people trying to make $ off the blog. I have both but I prefer sitemeter.

    Both services are free, both require you to sign up and then put some code on your blog template (I use a text box on my sidebar: pro tip: don't give the text box a title and it will be invisible). Once the code is all set, you'll be able to see where in the world your visitors are from and what weird google searches bring people to your blog. (Or at least the last 100 or so visitors.)

    How I got here? You commented! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just read your archives. Wow. Adding you to the blogroll and best of luck on this crazy journey. I hope mine is one of the blog designs you spoke about that appears more friendly and not annoying to read; also, I hope Liam's mom is ok.

    ReplyDelete