Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Don't Hate Me...

but I began reading Examples & Explanations Torts today. And before you begin to think it, I'm not a gunner! I bought all the E&Es online a few weeks ago. They have just been sitting on a bench in my house since then. I did read Academic Legal Writing already and that was going to be the extent of my pre-law reading. I read Law School Confidential months ago.

See the thing is, I'm a preparer. I got an Everything you need to know about college book in my sophomore year of HS. I like to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into. It helps me adjust and not become a crazy person (in theory). So I took a day off work because I was feeling not so great. I have read everyone's newest blog entries. Found all the blogs I could possibly find about beginning law school. I finished all of my language HW (that's for two different languages). I couldn't read anymore law forum posts and the books were just sitting there staring at me. I've already read all the other fun books I got on Amazon, and re-reading The Host for the 10th time, just really didn't seem too enticing. I even did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and prepped for dinner! I mean I had pretty much exhausted all of my options as far as other things goes.

So, I just finished my first chapter of the book. I LIKED IT! I realize that one chapter does not a successful legal student make, but it was interesting and kind of fun to read over what he had to say. I know a lot of people think it's a waste of time, but that fact that I actually enjoyed that chapter has given me a whole lot of happiness when it comes to this whole law school thing. I answered the questions, got most right. I got a few wrong and see why I did and finding that out was just as cool as getting them right. Now that I have gotten that off my chest I feel a lot better! I'm not a gunner, just bored at home on a Tuesday afternoon and trying to prepare my way into serenity.

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing prior to law school. I am telling you it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you feel better by preparing, do what you need to do... but do be a little careful to remember that ultimately you'll be tested on what your professor's version of the subject is, not what the E&E writer's version is so, grain of salt and all that. (Unless you get lucky and have the E&E writer as your prof as I did for contracts!)

    ReplyDelete