Monday, June 22, 2009

Test Over

It wasn't as bad as I was making it out to be. It really wasn't. That's not to say I did well, it just wasn't as traumatic not doing well. Since there are only 3 of us in the class I didn't really think it was going to be brutal. I made a lot of small mistakes, the same ones over and over and a few big mistakes. This is what I get for not studying! If it were actually graded I probably would have gotten a 70%, maybe a 60%. Our teacher told us that we would all still be getting out certificates, so that makes me feel better. Yay certificates!!

Now I'm mainly focusing on where I will be taking Arabic next summer. Do I do Middlebury? Summer classes at my school? Or apply to study abroad? So many choices. I think it's funny that I'm choosing to begin my study of Arabic after I have left the Middle East! You just don't use it enough here. It's really weird. I will probably go weeks without hearing it, not counting the call to prayer.

So goals for me for the upcoming year, in no particular order.
1) Rock 1L!
2) Make new friends
3) Keep up with my French, German and Irish
4) Get my grant
5) Find a job that I enjoy, pays well and gives me enough study time
6) Not miss Liam so much it hurts: this will be a toughie, yet another reason to keep myself busy. Technology will keep our communication going, but it's going to be hard sleeping in bed all alone. Just thinking about it makes me cry, so onto...
7) Go to Office Hours
8) Complete Write-on
9) Start doing Krav Maga (work out at least 5 days a week, I'm paying a lot for my apartment and I had better use the damn gym! Or at least the one at school)
10) Make time for my old friends in the area

No comments:

Post a Comment