Sunday, August 9, 2009

BSG

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I just heard a song that made my want to write about this topic. Do you know what BSG stands for? If you do, isn't it amazing. I am so sad it's over and have an Adama sized hole in my heart. If you don't know what id stand for, let me start with this it is a TV Show that won a Peabody award in 2006, Emmys in 2007 & 2008 for Special Effects, it was also nominated for multiple Emmys for directing and writing. Time named it one of the 100 best tv shows of all time. It is a show that chronicles the human spirit overcoming a horrible genocide and stricking out to find the origins of their civilization. It's Battlestar Galactica. I know what you're thinking, done, end closing window.

This is what 5 of my friends thought before they watched the miniseries. Now I'm not saying you need to watch all 4 season, just watch the miniseries. The miniseries is truly amazing. I'm saying this knowing that ususally when someone builds something up it falls short of expectations. Totally and completely not. It's a great show, with compelling characters, a great plot and some really kick ass special effects. Bulldog episode aside, the whole series is really and truly my favorite ever. So there, you beat it out of me!

1 comment:

  1. Its in my Netficks queue -- can't believe I missed it first time around but my friends have strongly suggested I watch it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete