Sunday, August 9, 2009

Coping

Coping with my separation anxiety is taking it's toll. I know this is supposed to be about law school, but I feel as though this separation is going to play a big part in how well I do. We have come up with time charts for our calling schedule. An hour and a half a day is what we will get on weekdays and maybe 2 hours on weekends, well on Saturdays. I'm trying to make sure Liam will be busy while I'm away in the evenings. He is contemplating Tae kwon do and I wholly support that. He might even take German and French, so we can begin to speak it together.

Liam and I survived for 37 and 22 year, respectively, without each other. We functioned, went to work, hung out with friends, lived completely separate lives, but thinking about not seeing each other, even for 6 weeks is rough. Technology is certainly on our side. Google Voice, Skype, Blackberrys, Vontage. We will be using all of those to hope us through. One good thing separation anxitey is it's keeping me from dreading school.

I tallied up all of the books I will need save a possible 4 for classes I don't know yet. It was a lot less than I expected. So far the total is $388. Including other books that I would need at most of would be $500. Considering I didn't buy any books my last 2 years of undergrad, I think that's a fair trade. I'm too lazy to look online or haggle, so I'm going to go new from the bookstore for this first semester. I will also be getting them unbound and rebound because I am trying to avoid the rolly bag like the plague. We'll see how long that lasts.

New developments, most of my senior year roommates will be coming up to our party! That will be so fun. I can't wait to see everyone again. It's been over a year for most of them. I hope they don't think I'm no fun now that I'm married!

No comments:

Post a Comment