Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Not All Bad

I know this has been a place for my bitching recently, but it's not all doom and gloom. Maybe the separation from Liam will be a good thing. Here are my following reasons for thinking this way.

We really love each other and the separation will help to remind us of that on a daily basis. Phone calls will be cherished, as will texts and emails. Seeing each other will be such a treat, we'll both be able to leave the regular stresses of our lives. On my side that will be school and on his side it will be a demanding job.

If Liam had decided to move over here, he would be leaving a job he really enjoys for who knows what in the US. Perhaps if the economy wasn't in the position it's in now things would be different, but that would just breed frustration and resentment. I will also be following through with a goal that I set before meeting Liam and won't have to worry about resenting him because I never got to follow through with going to law school.

No one wants to feel neglected or that no one is paying them attention. If he moved, I would be working 9-5, then going to class from 5-9 and then coming home and studying. Weekends will be reserved for studying as well. Liam has our friends over here who will make sure he's taken care of and I don't have to worry about him sitting alone in our house without a job, no friends and in a new city. And I'm sure we would totally have a situation like the one Legally Certifiable had in no time!

It might not be the ideal situation, but it will work for us.

3 comments:

  1. Query -- the blog is called Only Three Years, but you're clearly going to be a part time evening student. Doesn't that take 4 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the part time program, but I plan on transferring to the full time program after the first year. This was I could graduate in 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotya. Good luck! If there is anything I can do to be helpful you know where to find me

    ReplyDelete