Sunday, August 2, 2009

Moving

Moving surveyors are coming to the house today to see what I'm going to be shipping back. I came over here with 2 suitcases, 1 human sized duffel bag and a European backpackers backpack. I didn't ship over a single thing. This time around, I'll be traveling with Liam. We will be arriving in US, taking a taxi to the train station, getting a train to NJ and then checking into a hotel and going to our welcome home/reception on Saturday. We don't want to have to lug everything around. I'll being clothes I will wear for the first 2 weeks. I'll probably just end up buying a lot of stuff, because I don't have much in the way of actual work clothes. I have worn jeans and flip flops to work for the past 2 years.

This is the plan. Ship pretty much everything I have, including clothes that I won't be wearing for 2 weeks. I can have all of that shipped to our apartment, it should arrive in 3 weeks or so. I'll pack my books/exams I printed out/normal type toiletries. I am taking one little cabinet that holds all my girlie stuff, so Liam isn't subjected to it.

When it has come to packing in the past, I've always been pretty chill. I pack less than Liam always. For the most part, I figure if I forget something I can just buy it there. This is especially true when I am going to the States. I will also want to leave some stuff here, so that I don't just to schlep everything back over with me. Hmmm, I might need to rethink this whole packing thing...

One another note, as we get closer to going back to the US, I get more and more excited. I also get more and more emotional about Liam leaving. The 3 week marker seemed to be my breaking point of excitement to sadness. I am so excited about leaving, but becoming really emotional about the separation. We'll be apart for only 6 weeks at a time for the most part. Generally the separation will be between 5 and 3 weeks, so not too bad. I just hope I'm busy enough to keep me from just saying f' it and wanting to leave. He won't let me do that, so I'm just going to have to kick some major freaking ass my first year, make a journal, take a leave of absence, come back rearing to go and then it will all seem like a distant memory. Like "remember when we spent almost 3 years apart, only seeing each other once every 6 weeks." And then Liam will turn to me and say "oh yeah, that was so long ago, I almost forgot about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment