Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First classes

Last night I had Contracts and LRW. Prof Contracts was very engaging and not scary. Of course he would ask questions and people would answer something that he didn't like, but when they got it wrong, he didn't make them look stupid. Everyone was laughing at certain points and got pretty comfortable.

I was pleasantly pleased that I felt comfortable raising my hand a few times. I didn't get called on, but when I did raise my hand I was going to say the correct answer he finally found. Relief. It was a 2 hour class, but I didn't look at the clock until he called for a 10 minute break! After that was LRW, which I can tell is going to be a struggle. Prof LRW lectured the whole time, which was difficult because it was so late. I had to keep snapping myself to attention when all I wanted to do was put my head down and sleep.

I am glad I decided to hand write my notes. I need to stick to writing them up after class, but that will be easier once Liam heads out. There were more than a few hand note takers and I was happy to see that. I also didn't seem like the entire group was just taking down the dictation of the professor or maybe the people behind me are just really quiet typers. One thing I will have to change is where I sit, thankfully we don't have assigned seats. I found that there are certainly quirks of my classmates. There was a knuckle cracker (like sonic boom cracking), pen clicker, Blackberry checker and pen tapper. I don't want to be anywhere near these people during finals!

After class, I came back home pretty happy. Liam met me downstairs and we went over my classes. I have Civ Pro tonight and everyone's saying be afraid. Even after a good day yesterday, I'm still afraid of this class. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment