Friday, September 25, 2009

Lag Liv has hit on something I have been living with, but haven't written about sleeping w/o Liam. Pre-marriage I slept on the couch when living on my own. It was generally with the TV on. I'm not to choosy about where I can fall asleep. I mean I have fallen asleep standing up, while sending a text message, I can sleep anywhere if I'm sleepy enough.

It's the getting to sleep when I'm not ready to pass out that's the problem. This is where things have gotten a bit tricky. The first few weeks I got away with sleeping on the couch because there wasn't a bed in the apartment and the air mattress had a hole in it. Then the mattress and bed were delivered and put together with the help of my friend Mike. I was then forced to sleep on the bed because a $500 decoration bed in the bedroom would be a bit much.

What is so weird is that sleeping in the bed with someone else generally comes with a bunch of compromises. Sheets, temperature, side of the bed, lights on or off, level of noise in the room are all up in the air until you settle into your pattern and even then things can get dicey. Liam and I have been on the same page with all of those things listed above, although he says I steal the covers, but I think that's bollocks!

So now I take my computer to bed playing a podcast from earlier in the day that I can then use to make the room feel a bit more occupied. Also, I don't have to worry about hearing strange noises in the apartment. It's odd how you get used to things after such a short time, but I don't think I want to get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment