Monday, September 28, 2009

Thanksgiving...

I know it seems a bit early, but I'm thinking about it now because it's going to require a lot of advanced preparation. We're doing Thanksgiving in Ireland this year. I've never done one by myself and Liam had never done one period. Over the past couple of years I did Thanksgivings, maybe every 5 months with my friends, but I was never the orchestrator. I generally showed up and brought my required food item.

I don't want to end up like this woman, but I do want to make a good first Thanksgiving impression for the in-laws. Liam and I will be baking together, but I'm trying to think of the staples. Turkey, green beans (casserole or not), mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, stuffing, pumpkin pie, gravy, cranberry sauce. Am I forgetting anything?

I'm trying to think of ways to get some of this over there w/o checking my bags. I'm pretty sure that's going to be impossible, but does anyone know about traveling with cranberry sauce of pumpkin pie mix? Anyway, it's only a little over a week until we'll be together for just under 36 hours. Crazy I know.

I'm almost back up to date on my class reading, which is good because I have another memo assignment due next week. LRW is kicking my butt, but once I have conquered it, I know I'll be able to produce an amazing writing sample, which will helpfully help me getting a job this summer.

3 comments:

  1. I'm mega jealous of your awesome TG plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving in Ireland? OMG- sounds amazing! Forget the turkey and trimmings go all out on Irish beer and food!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I get enough of that when I'm there. I want to throw in a little American flair!

    ReplyDelete