Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's been a while!


I do have an excuse! I was away visiting my hubby. It was a really great trip. It was too short, but there wasn't really anything either one of us could do about it. The weather was great, just a little chilly, but not uncomfortable. Liam picked me up from the airport and we drove over to the In Laws house. There were a couple of wedding presents there for us. We really need to get cracking on those thank you cards! We don't even have that many to write. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if we had 100 people at the wedding.

Anyway, after chatting and having a nice ham and cheese sandwich, we were off to Cavan to the country house. That's it above, it's really a nice house. The first time Liam mentioned a house in the country, I was a little wary. I was thinking really old, rundown and possibly scary. It was not that at all. It's a beautiful house and a great little vacation spot.


That is unless it's infested with about 200 mosquitoes-like bugs that got into the house when a disgruntled 17 year old through a brick through the large window on the balcony and then breaks his way out of the front door of the house. Classy! So we spent the first 2 hours or so swatting these bugs and bug bombing the entire house. Talk about setting the mood.

After the bug massacre, it was smooth sailing. Liam made me some great breakfasts and we went to the local pub for a couple of pints. Only 6 more weeks until we see each other again. The countdown has already begun.

Note: Liam's dad was giving us the code to get into the complex where the house is. He tells us the code is 2145 backward, so Liam says so it's 5412. Liam's dad says no it's 45-21. Liam and I just stated at each other and stifled our laughter. My FOL, gotta love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment