Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Holiday Posts Begin!

Since Halloween is just around the corner and my family has informed me that they will be driving down to Florida this weekend, I guess I'm on my own. I'm sure glad I called me mom to ask when I should arrive or I never would have freaking known they were on their way to Disney. They go about 4 times a year, I should have known that the one weekend I wanted to visit they would all be piling in the mini van and blazing down 95 to sunny FL.

Now this means that my whole recapturing my childhood Halloween is out. This leaves two options:
1) Pretend that it's not actually Halloween and just hang with friends, maybe go to a movie
2) Actually go out and do something, meaning I would need to find a costume and a party

I'm not so sure how I feel about option 2, so I'll probably go with option 1. When you get older and don't have kids, Halloween becomes a really weird holiday. I mean dressing up and going out for a woman generally mean dressing as a slutty nurse/doctor/pilot/prisoner/_____. I'm not cool with that. I don't feel like wandering all over the city, especially if I'm not going to be able to get any free candy. If you're not going to someone's party, it just isn't as fun. No one of my friends really feel like having one, so it looks like it will be a low keep weekend of studying, Chipotle, ice cream and baking. I'm cool with that. Actually it might turn out better than I'd hoped!

1 comment:

  1. Dress up as a Chipotle burrito when you go Chipotle and you get a free burrito. Might want to reconsider on the "no costume" thing...

    ReplyDelete