Saturday, October 17, 2009

Outlining

So I have begun to outline. I thought it would be really scary, so far not so scary. I'm a little worried that it's already about 10 pages and I've only done 1/4 of the class outline. The library at school is really a great place to study for me. Plus, no one is in there! I was one of 2 other people in the whole reading room. I am sure it's going to get crazier as the semester goes on, but I'm really enjoying having the place to myself.

Other than outlining, I finally got my Fulbright application in. I don't know if I mentioned that before, but I applied for a Fulbright. I'm hoping to get it! Well of course I am. The main reason I applied was so that I could learn Arabic over that year and also to put another year between me and actually finding a job. Taking a year off for a Fulbright seems fairly justifiable to me. This is especially true, if I hope to return to the Gulf after I have graduated.

I also figured out that I can stay in the evening program or transfer to the full time program and not technically have to take the whole of next year off. There are enough classes offered in 2 or 3 intensive weekend sessions that I might actually be able to stay enrolled while not being in the country. That would be amazing, particularly when it comes to saving money on living expenses. A roundtrip ticket back to Liam would only cost me about $700. Not too bad, even if I had to do that 5 times a semester, I would come in WAY under what I pay in rent to a semester.

1 comment:

  1. You seem very zen about outlining. I like it.

    ReplyDelete