Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm back

Liam's mom passed away on Tuesday. Everyone was there with her and got to say their goodbyes. She spent over a year fighting brain and lung cancer and gave it everything she had. I was glad I got to meet her and spend time with her. I was as proud to have her as my mother-in law as she was proud to have me as a her daughter-in-law.

My introduction to the entire clan could have been under better circumstances, but this seems to be the only time everyone ever gets together. Pauline was one of 16 from a good Irish Catholic family. There were more cousins and aunts than I could count, but it was good to have everyone there. The family helped to keep most things going and keeping everyone occupied. Things have settled in a bit more, but we'll be looking in and keeping tabs on my father-in-law more now.

All of my exams have been rescheduled and it all begins on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Condolences.

    It puts the frenzy of exams in proper perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies. One of 16--wow!!

    ReplyDelete