Friday, January 29, 2010

I want to go to there!

I thought that this feeling would stop once I got back to the US. I need to travel! Going back and forth to Dublin helps quell the shakes, heading over to see Liam also keeps me from going insane. Looking through these pictures makes me want to get out now and go some place I have never been before. In the past 3 years, I've been to over 10 countries and that's only 7% of the world. Well according to facebook, but I'm not actually sure how they calculate that.
When you're living in the desert you need to get out every once in a while. Getting away is what keeps everyone sane. Apparently seeing Liam and traveling is what keeps me sane. I'm going to Dublin in 2 weeks and that's going to chill my nerves a bit. I think that's another reason I want to be in the Middle East. Eids are a great time to take a week off and travel where ever you want, within a 10 hour flight. Eids happen at the end of Ramadan and then again a lunar month after that. You get 3 workdays off in a row and a lot of places just give you the whole week off. There isn't a comparable holiday, except Christmas-NYE here. And most people want to spend Christmas with family and not just say, peace out family I'm heading to Borneo!
Unfortunately, there isn't any time this semester. There isn't any time hhis summer, not between summer school, heading back to the gold old ME, summer internship, and possibly OCI, if I don't get the Fulbright, no time for a vacation anywhere. Liam wants us to go on a cruise, I want to go on a cruise, I've been bugging him about it for about the past year. But I think we will have to put a hold on that for another year. :'(

Here are some fun pictures of our travel so far:




No comments:

Post a Comment