Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pasta, Pasta, PASTA!!

Today was my first cooking class. It was super fun, we made fettuccine and ravioli and I need to make it soon before I forget just how easy it was. Now, I just need to order a pasta maker. I have a Kitchen Aid mixer (thanks to Liam's great Christmas gift), but the pasta attachment is crazy expensive! It's about $125. I can get a manual one for about $30, but I want to make sure it's a good one.


The pasta was so delicious! The teacher made a simple tomato sauce in about 6 minutes. I'm usually a drencher when it comes to pasta sauce, but for some reason this time I was ok with an "authentic" Italian experience of saucing and I didn't even cut my noodles.

Did you know that pasta has to have eggs in it to federally be allowed to call it noodles. I sure didn't!

Next week I have a bread baking class. I've heard it's great. I'm thoroughly enjoying the weekly break from the craziness of classes. Week 2...it's only week 2, I feel like it should be week 10. Anyway, classes are shaping up ok. At this point I'm ready to get to the summer and my internship just so I can get a taste of why I'm busting my butt! I tend to perform much better when I have a tangible goal. I want to really see just what I'm getting myself into!

We had an alumni dinner last week where the amazing like of a big law associate was revealed. 9:30-12am workdays and at times working until 6am on Saturdays in order to get all the work done. I'm not sure if I could handle that. I want to know if that's just an isolated experience or if I need to start looking for another career path.

Note: I didn't get anyone sick in my class. I was feeling a lit better when I woke up, eating solids and drinking every drop of water in the Brita.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they offered cooking classes in law school. Things have sure changed since I attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, they don't offer cooking classes in law school, but they do offer them about 20 min away. A girl's gotta eat!

    ReplyDelete