Monday, February 8, 2010

Escape

I managed to escape for a little over an hour and get to the grocery store. Walking on the street in most places is a must, the store looked like it hadn't been stocked all week. There weren't any eggs, barely any milk. The lines weren't super crazy long, but they were longer than usual. I got there before the after work rush, so that's something.

As far as classes go, I'm really wondering how this week is going to go. There is supposed to be a blizzard coming in tomorrow and snow into Wednesday. Classes were canceled today and I'm wondering about tomorrow, especially since my classes are in the evening. The snow is supposed to begin to fall at about 9am. It is completely possible that classes will be canceled for tomorrow and Wednesday and possibly Thursday. Getting in one class would be great and all, except I'm leaving THURSDAY NIGHT to go see Liam in Dublin! If my flight gets canceled I will be so pissed!

I don't even want to think about how they are going to reschedule all of these classes. Thankfully as of today it's only 2 classes, but it could end up being a whole hell of a lot more than that come the end of the week. At least we have 3 days off next week, but I wish I would have known about this snow storm and I would have just gone home for a week and a half and lounged in the sun at the new house. Hindsight is 20/20.

It looks like I'll be doing a lot more baking and cooking over the next 4 days, in order to keep my sanity. Oh wait I forgot, I can't because there aren't any EGGS IN THE CITY!

UPDATE: Classes are cancelled for tomorrow. This should be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. I am studying! But I can't study 15 hours a day, I'm at 8. That's gotta count for something. I need a break, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete