Saturday, February 13, 2010

I made my flight!

I'm here in Dublin and I made my flight!! Score. The airport wasn't crazy busy, but more people were there than are usually there. The biggest hassle was getting there. The taxi firm that is at the airport wasn't taking people there, neither was the shuttle service. Regular taxis weren't even going, I kept calling, but they had so few taxis out that they didn't want to waste them on the long trip out to the airport. I had to call a car service, which was a little pricey, but it got me there. I also brought all of my reading for the next 2 weeks and got a good chunk done on the plane. Yay for being trapped in a tin can for 7 hours!

I landed at 10. Liam's flight got in at 9, so he was ready and waiting with the rental car. We are here at Liam's parent's house. We have cleaned and polished everything in the house in preparation for everyone coming over here after mass. We're having a 2 month mass for Liam's mother tonight. There will be another one a year from when she passed. A caterer was called in for supply the food, which takes the pressure off a bit.

After tonight we don't really have much planned, just being together. Dinner tomorrow night, walks in Phoenix Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment