Saturday, March 27, 2010

{PP} Slammed by fatigue

Today, I woke up feeling ok. It was at my normal weekday time, but I went to sleep at about 10pm, so it wasn't a big deal. I made it over to the library about 15 min after it opened at 9 and started my brief. I got about a half a page in, when I started feeling so tired. I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then I started getting angry at myself for being tired and not getting my brief done. And then I started to get sad and almost cry because I wasn't getting my freaking brief done! Talk about hormones. After about 20 minutes of that, I called Liam. He proceeded to try and cheer me up and told me to go for a walk back to the apartment, which I needed to do anyway because I forgot my power charger there. Genius, I know.

Once I was back in the apartment, we video chatted for a bit. Liam is so excited about the little one. He's super excited and ready to do all of these great things around the house to get things ready. I know he's sad that he's not here with me and able to hold my hand through it all. I really do wish he were here or I was there. This summer will be a great time to make the best of everything and really enjoy our last few months together as a non-parent couple.

After a bit more of a pep talk to each other, I put my head down on the sofa for a quick nap and woke up about 50 minutes later. Liam said I was out like a light and didn't move. I was still groggy, so you know what I did, I went to sleep for another 30 min. I'm making excellent progress on my brief, right? This is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. All I want to do is sleep. I would literally sleep for 15 hours a day at this point. Boy am I glad I'm not working this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment