Thursday, April 15, 2010

{PP} Feeling Weird

I'm feeling weird about being pregnant. I'm no longer in full on 24/7 research mode. Other than being tired beyond all imagining and needing to eat pretzels or bland cereal every 2 hours to keep nausea at bay, I'm feeling pretty normal. I haven't told anyone new about the little one, only my hairdresser because I got it done today. It wasn't' exactly thrilling, but I did get my first dose of unwanted advice. She promptly told me that I should stop exercising, especially in the first trimester, that she could tell I was having twins by the way my hair was growing and she could already tell I had a bump. Thanks, thanks for that so much, at 2 months you can tell that I am carrying two huge children inside of me, no tip for you! Maybe the excitement has worn off because as far as I can tell nothing is going on. Previously, I was checking thebump.com, baby center and parents.com all the time, but I'm just waiting for all of the hoopla to begin. I also really really want to tell everyone, but not yet. NOT YET!

Our first Dr. appointment is on Tuesday and that's exciting. We're hoping that everything is a-ok and there haven't seen any signs that it won't be, so I need to swallow this paranoia. I'm turning in my LRW brief after another quick proof read tomorrow and then that's put to bed. NYC for the big anniversary weekend, which will be great. The only thing that makes me sad is the fact that I can't drink. I didn't think I would miss it, but a bottle of cider, a glass of wine, some yummy sangria, only 7 more months...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! This is news to me (I just got a massive wallop of updates in my google reader). You're going to ace the parenting gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's exciting and a little scary at the same time! If only I could ace the whole law school thing.

    ReplyDelete