Sunday, May 30, 2010

{PP} The Blues

Classes began last week, but I didn't have any. My classes begin tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I've come to the realization that the window where I will have absolutely nothing to do is slowly snapping shut. If Z comes when we think, I will have exactly 31 days over the next 6 months when I'm not working, in class or traveling. That is a bit scary. Now all of the horror stories about childbirth are a bit harder to ignore. Watching childbirth scenes in movies or on TV is definitely a little scarier than before. I'm trying to sign up for one of those hypnobirthing courses, but they are all full. Who knew you needed to book a child birthing class before you got pregnant. I'm not sure if it will work, but I'll certainly give it a shot. And if it doesn't work, I will certainly be requesting an epidural loudly.

P.S. There are too many birthing shows out there. So many baby shows, baby stories, newborn adventures, and so on and I need to stop watching them. Pronto! I also need my mother to stop telling me how horrible her labor was with me. Wow mom thanks, I thought you were supposed to be reassuring and comforting, nope.

EDIT: Where can I get a suit nice enough for on campus recruiting that will fit me at 26 weeks? I'm hoping I won't be HUGE by then and keep pace with my growth so far. I'm looking online and all I see are casual work clothes not actual suits.

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better I've never seen a single birthing show, ever, on any channel and don't think I'm the worse for it. If anything, I think I've benefited! And my mom had a horrible childbirth with me (apparently) but I had a perfect one with Landon. (Not so perfect for him, in the end, but that was unique to us.) For me, it was calm and perfect and nothing I'd be nervous and anxious about repeating. It did involve an epidural, pretty much immediately, and a midwife whom I loved, and I look back on it as a really good memory. JP does too, actually.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to watch those shows, they freak me out, it just seems like they are always on! I'm in the process of finding a midwife for my delivery here. Glad to hear that your end was a not scary. It gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are - I've been perusing more daytime TV since sitting on the couch for long periods of time is my current favorite activity and it is amazing how many channels have their own version. I guess there's quite a market for them. That and wedding shows. Man, there are a lot of crazy wedding shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was terrified of giving birth the first time around. As it turned out, labor and delivery were the easiest parts of both my pregnancies. No screaming and I never called DH any bad words! I had a long labor with my first, but the pain before I had my epidural was not unbearable. For me, contractions weren't that bad--with my twins I was at a 9 before I got my epidural about 5 minutes before I delivered (yeah, nobody bothered to check before they gave me the epidural or I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have given it to me then).

    Oh, and I also obsessively watched all of the birth shows. :)

    ReplyDelete