Saturday, May 29, 2010

{PP} The Bump

I am really surprised at how different the baby bump can be at this stage. My aunt (uncle's wife, she's 5 years older than me) is preggers and her due date is only 6 days before mine. It's pretty fun having someone close through this at the same time, especially because I think of her as more of a friend than a relative. Her bump is huge! She has had 2 other children, but wow, she looks at least 6 months pregnant. I have been sure not to tell her this, but then I got thinking about all the pregnant women I see walking on the street. Maybe they are 14 weeks along, only think they have gained a few pounds and will end up on that TLC show, "I didn't know I was pregnant" or they are 42 weeks going for a walk to start this baby moving.

Liam wants to feel the baby kick. I think it will make it more real for him. He's been reading the Expectant Father, I've been reading it when he's out of the house. I'm not sure if he's falling in line with the books predictions of feelings or following their suggestions. But even after the ultrasounds and doppler readings feeling the kick will make it feel like the real deal. There are other things we never thought we would do, like those loco people that strapped Mozart to their stomachs in the thought that it would make their baby smarter or other crazy things, but after reading the books it doesn't seem like such a bad idea. This isn't in order to make the baby smarter, I'm more interested in getting the baby to be calm, stop crying and go to sleep. Songs played in the womb or recordings of the mother's heartbeat are more likely to get newborn babies to stop crying and calm down. I'm all for trying that trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment