Saturday, June 19, 2010

Battling a Stomach Bug

It thought I was on the run. I was defenseless with my sword and shield knocked out of my hands. As I scrambled away the giant bug got closer and closer. My hand landed on a rock and some dirt. I play dirty. I blinded the thing and then beat it to death with a rock. Well, it didn't happen quite that way, but I did manage to fight with toilet paper wrappers a lot. I was very concerned a few days ago. I felt like my morning sickness from the first trimester. It happened after I ate the most wonderful baked potato with sour cream, cheese and yummy bacon. I wasn't 100% about the sour cream, I was about 98%, but I had been dreaming about one for the longest time, so I dove in. Big mistake. I'm fine now and after a few frantic calls to my mother and grandmother (both nurses) and my doctors office, everyone said as long as I wasn't dehydrated or vomiting my eyes bloodshot it would pass and I would be fine. So I holed up in the house with ginger ale, water, cheerios and lived on the couch. This is one of those times I wish I had a roommate or my husband wasn't 7000 miles away. Yeah, the latter would be preferable. As far as I can tell the baby is still in there. I haven't felt any more obviously ruckus from my belly, but there was a lot going on in there. I'm sure Z was scared of all that crap, I sure was. If Z could talk I'm sure, "No more of that please would be the request." Much obliged!

No comments:

Post a Comment