Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bidding

It's getting closer and closer to that time...on campus interviewing bidding. Ahhhhh, it's not really that bad, but it can be a little nerve wracking. I have my list, resumes, transcript and now I need a writing sample. I'll have a little bit of time to work on that before the bidding deadline, but I'm not looking forward to it! My bidding strategy is pretty much bid on places I really really want to be, if my summer job can't bring me on as a SA next summer. And by places I really really want to be, I mean places I have family/good friends. I'll have a 6/7 month old by then and I'm going to need some help. Working in an office other than the one I'm in this summer would be a good experience to see how an actual fully functioning/staffed office works. That said the benefits of being in the same place as Liam with our baby where we went to settle after I graduate certainly has its pluses even if I didn't get paid as much as a normal SA. For some reason these two years coming up seem a lot less daunting than 2 more years of school seemed after my sophomore year. I'm not sure what it is...maybe that I know I'll be incredibly busy. Or that there is an actual job at the end of the tunnel (even if it means working in Saudi!). Or I just want the school part of it to be over and done with!

No comments:

Post a Comment