Thursday, July 22, 2010

And the whirlwind finally winds down

After 8 days on a slowly leaking air mattress, we're getting out of here. Only about 10 more items on our to do list, including return my books, turn in cable box and knife the hell out of this mattress. If we can, we'll even squeeze in a movie. Each of us has 2 checked bags and one carry on. I'll be very surprised if none of our bags come in over the weight limit. I'm not looking forward to redistributing in the airport, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

Early start, early post, as of 10am not more internet...unless you count my blackberry. :) It feels great to have nothing to do. Well I could be writing cover letters, but I'll just leave those until the day before I start work. It will keep me awake and productive and hopefully stop me from napping all day. I still can't believe 1L is over. Looking back, I have been successful in wiping most of it from my memory. I can definitely see how this works when it comes to childbirth. You go through a painful traumatic experience and your mind knows that that's not good for anyone to have hang around and purges it from your memory. I'm cool with that. About 5 weeks until classes start up again and I'm actually looking forward to them. See purge complete! Now it's time to roast in the sun, maybe get to a water park, do a little weekend traveling and spend as much time as possible with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment