Friday, August 13, 2010

BYOF?

Our friend is having a going away party. It's a BBQ and it's bring your own food. It isn't bring a menu item pot luck kind of thing. No food is being supplied other than potato chips and soda. We're supposed to bring our own drinks (alcoholic), meat, and anything else we might want to eat. WTF! If there had been some notice, we could have made it into a pot luck, but we were just told today. I mean I understand not wanting to spend a huge amount of money on a party, but if you don't want to spend anything or expend any effort other than getting rid of random food that might be in your cupboards then don't throw a party!

UPDATE: We went to the party. Vodka was provided and 3 bags of chips. After 3 hours they still hadn't started up the grill, so we went home and made the food here. Liam went back to the party, while I stayed at home to watch PROJECT RUNWAY!! Glad we got to say goodbye, glad I was able to eat some yummy shish kebobs in the comfort of my own home and glad that I heard Tim Gunn say "make it work."

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of someone throwing a BBQ without providing the meat... That is really strange to me.

    ReplyDelete