Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glucose Tolerance Test

It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I chugged it in two goes. The nurse warned me to take it slow, yeah like that's going to happen. The orange flavor made me want to yack, but I knew if I did I would just have to drink it again. Mind over matter! I had to get out of there for interviews. After repeatedly asking how long the process would take and being told 30 min, they inform me that I need to wait an hour for my blood to be drawn. I had read about the test before hand and everyone said that, but I asked them more than once and they kept saying I would be out in 30 min. So I chug it down and then they let me know in an hour I could have my blood drawn. WTF?! You all suck, is what I wanted to say. Even with the extra hour or wait time, I made it to my interviews with no problems. I used my hour to do some firm research, change into my suit and buy a breakfast sandwich to devour after my blood draw. I didn't fast before, so I hope that wasn't what I was supposed to do. My double digit countdown day passed by without my even noticing. Less than 100 days to go until the little one is here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the test wasn't as bad as you feared (and that you made it to your interviews on time!!)

    My colleague is pregnant at the moment and can't believe how quickly the time is passing. Must be part of it, I guess?! :-)

    ReplyDelete