Monday, August 2, 2010

Paint

We have come to the conclusion that we need to make this place at least a little bit less sandy colored. All of the walls are the color of the walls below. We live in the desert with sand storms, little to no vegetation and sand dunes. Yeah, haven't done much to fix that and need to before we all go insane. So this weekend we bought a sh*t ton of paint. I mean a lot, I mean 54 gallons of paint. 3 different colors and we'll make it work around the house. I sure hope we like the colors avocado, cozy retreat, and anenome on our walls.



Of course the colors look a little off in the pictures, but they look awesome in person. We wanted to go bright because everything is just so dull. We're going to go with the middle color in Z's room, the far left color in our bedroom and the blue in the guest room upstairs.

From L to R: Our bedroom color, Z's nursery, guest room

The closet room will stay blah, at Liam's urging, but I might have the painters do it when they get here. Now we just have to decide where else we want to use the colors. I really do love them! I like the coolness of the colors. Reminds me of the outdoors and being outside in general. We have a lot of black and white pictures, so it helps them pop and the room will look at lot less drab. I'm very excited to see how this will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment