Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Anemia

I had one of my few remaining check ups today and found out that I am anemic. Boo! Where did all my iron go? Then I thought about it and I can't even remember the last time I ate red meat! I don't think a meatballs sub from Subway counts. And I'll need iron supplements. I've heard they can wreak havoc on the digestive system. Not looking forward to those repercussions. On the bright side I only gained 5 lbs since my last check up 5 weeks ago. I think my total is so far is +7lbs from the beginning. The doc says it's totally fine and I'm lucky, so no more worries about any of that. I guess another ice cream cone here or there won't be too damaging.

I'm still waiting for all of this free time to appear, but so far it hasn't. Must stop talking to my husband for 3 hours everyday! I'm not even exaggerating. We can just talk about nothing for an entire day and I love that about him. Finding someone you can just sit on a couch with and watch tv with for a weekend is so important in a marriage. It's not all nightclubs, fancy dinners, crazy trips, etc. This will be especially true once the baby arrives. Our kitchen dance parties will have to do. While Liam cooks, he is pretty much the exclusive cook in the house, I sit and keep him company. We each take turns picking a song off iTunes or youtube and if the cooking doesn't require constant attention have a bit of a dance off. There is a sound system in the kitchen. Liam can listen to pretty much any pop/rock/alternative/funk/soul song and know the artist, album and year. I really hope Z inherits that ability or at least an appreciation for music. And will be so embarrassed by his/her parents always dancing in the kitchen. I'm definitely looking forward to that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment