Friday, September 3, 2010

First Week of Classes

My first week of 2L is complete. So far, so good. I'm going to enjoy most of my classes a lot more than last year, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last. After getting all my classes I just have to cope with 16 credits. One large research paper is calling my name. My focus is generally international law, transactional work and other things I've worked on in the past. All of the 1Ls are all so cute wandering around unsure of where to go. They have no idea what's in store for them. The good news, you'll block out the most traumatic things by the end of the summer when the craziness of OCI will hit them. I just keep repeating the mantra, only 2 more years, only 2 more years...

On the baby front, my sleep schedule is being seriously f*cked with. Last night I woke up 4 times to go to the bathroom. One of those was to brush my teeth after some serious heartburn lead to a nice retaste of my previous meal. This meant 5 pillows piled high and me pretty much sleeping sitting up for the rest of the night. I don't know what the hell Z was doing, but the movement at about 3am was ridiculous. I don't know if it was break dancing, line dancing or ballet, but I wish Z wouldn't do it at 3am. There is also some weird movement going on where I swear the baby is like crawling on the bottom of my belly. It feels super weird, but I swear it's so much movement all at once. A poke here, a bump there is the usual, but lately it's been a lot more. I guess getting in all this stretch time before things get tight is the thing to do. No news from my doctor's office about the glucose test and it's been over a week, so I'm guessing no gestational diabetes. Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a pregnancy pillow? I loved mine (I had the big U-shaped one). It was seriously the only way I got decent sleep during pregnancy (that and the La-z-boy, so I could sleep upright if necessary.

    My 2L year taught me to sleep anywhere (study rooms, leaning against walls). Maybe it'll balance out with the baby so that you actually will get some sleep? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a snoogle, but it's in storage. I'm using regular pillows now. I'm sure I'll be a lot better once the baby arrives, but then there will be a newborn to take care of!

    ReplyDelete