Thursday, September 9, 2010

Loving the Gym

I find it hilarious that I'm better at working out while pregnant than not pregnant. I've been leaving the house at 7am everyday to workout. Getting in anywhere between 30 min to and hour 4/5 days a week. I'm not doing anything particularly strenuous. It's a lot of elliptical, arms work, and stretching on my own and with the trainer more strength exercise. Part of it is fear of gaining too much weight, wanting to be fit enough to bounce back after the birth and also just wanting to stay healthy during the pregnancy. It's amazing how quickly being in law school can take a back seat to real life.

My classes are going well. I have one that ends early this semester and I'm actually really sad it will end early. The hours fly by and the discussions are so fun and exciting. I guess I'll just have to soak up as much of it as I can before it ends. There are 2 big papers due this semester and I'm starting to get a little nervous about that. It will be a total of anywhere between 55 and 70 pages of research papers. I'm not nervous yet, but I'm thinking I'll get there. It helps to not have any outside extracurricular distractions. I selected the main journal for write on. I didn't think I would make it on and I didn't and I'm glad. I would be ready to shoot myself right about now. It sucks that I can't put it on my resume, but that's about the only thing that sucks about it for me. Bluebooking while sitting in the OB/GYN waiting room for an ultrasound does not sound fun. I'll just have to make due with classes, visiting my family, writing these papers, finding things we need for the baby and fighting with the insurance company about paying for my delivery in a foreign country. More than enough on my plate!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like an impending birth to motivate you to start papers early though! I purposefully picked paper classes when I was prego so that I wouldn't have to study for 6 finals when I was huge and uncomfortable and it worked out great.

    Glad your semester is going well and I hope that the fight with the insurance company is resolved very soon!

    ReplyDelete