Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Success!

My schedule is finally complete. I got all of the classes I wanted/needed, now I just have to do well in these classes. I'm a bit concerned about my large research paper that will be due this semester. It's pretty much any topic of my choosing as long as it's provocative, but it's also 40-50 pages. I want to bang this out before I leave. I know it's not going to happen, but I need as much of that done before I leave.

Other than that, my days are much fuller than they were before. I have places to be, reading to do and before I know it it's 3pm. I'm still crazy tired and haven't yet found a good nap spot on campus. There is certainly a need for a nap room. I'm going to lobby the SBA. I can certainly see this semester going quickly and October being here before I know it. It's a blessing and a curse. I keep looking at the light at the end of this tunnel. BABY! So far this kid has been cooperating, knock on wood. I think Z likes my lectures as the kicking is most furious then. The fact that I have another human being inside of me still hasn't hit me for real. I know it's true, but the thought is still so up in the clouds. The fact that I'm still not really showing has meant that I'm not getting the pregnant woman attention, which is fine by me. I don't need anyone pawing my belly. So far I'm +2lbs. I don't know how much longer that's going to keep up, but working with my trainer will help keep it in track. The general recommendation would be for me to gain between 10-15lbs, so I'm pretty much on track. Only 12 more weeks so go until we get to see Z, 14 until the end of the semester and 8 more until I get to see Liam!

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I was in a judge's chambers, substituting off a case at the order of my perinatologist ("Pick your five most stressful cases and dump them now"), and the judge ordered me to move my file folder (which I was holding in front of my bump) because "You don't look that pregnant." I'm still annoyed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay- a baby at the end of the tunnel! At least it's going by fast!

    ReplyDelete