Monday, September 13, 2010

Well Talk About a Start

I feel like I'm already halfway through the semester. Everything is happening at a breakneck speed. I get that this happens when you cram everything into a semester that you can, but jeez. I'm prepping for some serious work coming up. I'm trapping myself in various study spaces around campus and making myself write the number of pages needed per day to not get slammed at the end. It has been working so far. 1-3 pages per day has been my goal. My large research paper has taken a backseat for right now because I haven't actually determined my topic yet, but it's coming up. 1 page per day gets me to my 30 pages easily. This way I can add more, delete and edit it over the month following and actually make it readable. I'm a terrible stream of consciousness kind of writer. Sentences will end midway through as I jump from idea to idea. Not so great when you need to turn something in.

In my other non-writing intensive classes, I kind of feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. It's a tax class and everyone else seems to know wtf is going on. There wasn't another tax requirement to take it, but I get the feeling I'm way behind. I plan on asking the prof. about it, so we'll see if I can catch up or maybe I'm just paranoid. Once the next couple of weeks are over I can also really focus on wtf I'm going to be doing for the next 2 years. I'm still just making plans that I'm sure will completely be thrown out the window. Once the baby is here all of my preconceptions, plans and other ideas will be out the window, but the plans are my security blanket so I'm planing away!

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of taking Secured Transactions my last semester of law school, from my favorite professor. I spent the whole semester thinking WTF? I dreaded being called on and played it for laughs every time. My grade (B-) reflected it. But by the last semester, you really just don't care. :)

    ReplyDelete