Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

After a fun filled weekend of exams, going to the Rally to Restore Sanity and a packed train trip after, I'm completely and totally ready to get out of here! I took my brother and sisters trick or treating and I have to say it's nowhere near as awesome as it was when I was young. Almost no one was home , if they were home they were pretending they weren't. After about 30 houses only 10 or so gave out candy. When I was younger every house had candy, we could go out for hours and fill half a pillow case. The dream...to fill the entire thing was unfortunately never achieved, but it was sure fun to try. Now I can't even look forward to stealing my own kids' candy because apparently no one is giving any out anymore!

This week should be interesting and it will include a little bit of exam prep in an area I feel totally unprepared for, packing, handling last minute paperwork (like my visa) and I'm good to go. Liam had his big presentation/panel of questions and feels like he got railroaded. I wish I were there to make him feel better, but he can retake it in a few months if he does, in fact, fail. I don't think he did, but it's better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I will be doing this when it comes to my grades for this semester. We're looking forward to meeting our little one in only a few weeks and I'll be doing everything in my power to make this baby come before my actual due date. I'm talking spicy food, bumpy roads and every other old wives tale, other than castor oil, I can muster. Z, you hear that, we want to meet you soon. Just give us about a week more until you make your big debut! (pretending to have a little control makes us feel better! :P)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I just hope Z hangs on past your flight!!! :)

    And best wishes for Liam's results. When will he know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He won't know until December, so perhaps he'll forget all about it between now and then. I think he passed and they were just being super hard on him, but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete