Monday, October 4, 2010

Nothing much...except baby clothes!

There isn't much to report. For some reason I have been rolling onto my back during the night. It freaks me out although the doctor says it's fine. Heartburn is kicking my butt. I do enjoy getting toward the end of my iphone app tracking the pregnancy. Not that many weeks to get through. Now it's all about buying stuff for the baby. We're registered on Amazon and at Target. The selection and prices back home can be crazy, so I'm trying to stock up on some things now. Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'll buy a boatload of diapers, but what size do I buy? I don't want to have ones that are too big or have a ton left over that are too small. In addition we're trying to figure out how to get a stroller/infant seat combo and a pack and play over there. There is a great stroller on sale for about $150. Liam has checked at stores over there and comparable ones without a base for the car are about $400. When it comes to a pack and play, here $120, there $300. It's really crazy how much it can cost!

Outside of the gear, I've been slowly building up a clothes supply. We have a lot of onesies, socks and that kind of stuff already. My friends got me some really cool stuff for my shower/bday extravaganza. But this weekend I made a real discovery...I hate to admit it and was really shocked that I found good items, but I went to Walmart. My mom shops, she's like a professional shopper. She was stopping off there and usually I just stay in the car or try to hurry her along, but this time I was drawn to the baby stuff just because it's adorable. I tend to not like the crazy huge conglomerate driving other businesses out of town kind of thing. But $1 Carter brand clothes...sorry mom and pop shop. I bought about 25 items for $32. I got them in newborn, 0-3 months and 3-6 month sizes. Baby clothes are crazy expensive and any ways to save will most definitely be embraced. So it looks like I'll be trolling the Walmart clearance racks for clothes until I leave.

1 comment:

  1. Don't buy a boatload of diapers. It's easy to get more when you need them, but you never know what size to get really. Timmy was in size 1 in the hospital, and even if you have a normal sized baby, they can grow really quickly.

    I love looking at the little bitty baby clothes, too bad those didn't last too long for us! Even the plain things are so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete