Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Today is the first day I'm really ready to have the baby. I could sleep last night. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep, interrupted hours at that. My heartburn is out of control. Sleeping while sitting up isn't my idea of fun. I figured that this morning would be better. Boy was I wrong. I had a slice of whole wheat toast that has been attacking me for the past 8 hours. I took some pepcid and I have been popping tums. Nothing is working. My mom told me that she lost a bunch of weight in the last few weeks of her pregnancies because she refused to eat because it wasn't worth it. I thought she was being a bit dramatic. Now I know, it's not worth it. I haven't had anything to eat all day other than the toast and I'm not actually looking forward to eating anything else. Liam will make me eat when he gets home from work, but if it were up to me I would eat NOTHING. Sleeping during the day seems to be a lot easier, sitting up completely straight. The naps are the only things that have kept me from going batty. It's hard to feel crappy when you're asleep. So I have been sleeping for about 50% of the day.

I'm not even feeling that hungry. I have been able to accomplish about 1% of what I wanted to for today, which is open the document I'm supposed to be proofing to turn in today. There is still laundry to do, reading to get through, and writing to start. I don't think it's going to happen, but I remain optimistic. I'm so glad I'm not in classes. I can't imagine it would be able to make it there anyway, but the thought of lugging my books around, going up and down the stairs, getting to and from school and all of that just makes me want to nap more. Will they induce me just because I'm grumpy?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah when you get four hours of sleep a night after the baby comes, you'll feel WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mominsanity is right! I recently re-read my journal from when P was a newborn, and I gushed about my first 5 hours of sleep post-baby. Priorities do shift!

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to skip induction!

    ReplyDelete