Sunday, November 14, 2010

This needs to happen sooner rather than later

I didn't think it would happen, but I'm over it. I'm over being pregnant. The baby is full term, progressing right on schedule. I know that s/he will be fine. I just want him/her to get out! In addition to heartburn, you can add nausea and insomnia to the mix. I know the whole no sleep thing will be just as bad once the baby gets here, but at least there will be a baby to look at and feed/change/play with/sleep outside of my body. Liam has taken to bringing me 3am bowls of ice cream, as that seems to be the only thing that will keep the heartburn at bay in addition to my antacid pills and tums. I'm uncomfortable, getting up, rolling over, and standing up are all challenges and it may seem selfish, but I kind of want my body back. I know that breastfeeding won't exactly make me completely autonomous, but at least I'll be able to move around, not feel like every meal is a gastrointestinal challenge test. I know that my pregnancy has been relatively easy, there isn't much that I should be complaining about, but I'm certainly ready to meet the baby. My mother is taking a lot of pleasure in my questions about starting labour. I was only 4 days early (my mom's first) and my grandmom had my mom (her first) 11 days early. Here's hoping I follow in their footsteps and we will be meeting this baby soon. I am doubtful since I haven't had any Braxton-Hicks contractions that I have been able to feel. Can you tell that this is pretty much occupying my every waking moment? As for exams and all that, I'm chugging along, plodding is more like it, but making some progress.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, you might not even know you're having contractions. When I was admitted for observation (when my preeclampsia exploded), one of the nurses asked me how long I'd been having contractions. I was like, "Wha? Huh?" Yay for body awareness - or lack thereof. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! I feel your pain... and am still 4 weeks away from the due date!

    ReplyDelete