Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Getting back to "normal"


Not that I know what that is now. I'm typing this with Z strapped into the baby bjorn. I'm much better at touch typing than I thought I was. After a bit of an overwhelmingly tiring few days culminating in me, laying next to Liam while Z whined in the Pack N Play, crying, Z had a great night. Liam took her for a walk and fed her, which gave me a chance to get more than 1.5 hours of sleep. I got 3 hours and then Z had a nice long sleep at night. She slept for 4 hours straight last night, which was amazing! And then she took a 3 hour nap during the day. Other than waking up soaking through my shirts, pillows and sheets, I can't really complain. I would rather wake up leaking than not wake up because I haven't been able to sleep for 2 days.

With Z safely in the Bjorn I decided to get back to "normal." This included, laundry, washing up a few dishes and baking! I just made brownies from the box, but it's the first baking I've done since she has been born. I think she enjoyed it. Her sleeping while I worked away was my interpretation of her loving it.

On a less exciting note, Z is going to be vaccinated today. I'm not looking forward to it. All of those people against vaccines always seemed crazy to me. I'm not against the vaccines because I think they are going to be harmful to her, it's just that the thought of her getting an injection makes me sad. I know the vaccines will protect her from a lot of horrible diseases, but I have to say I might cry. There is also the scary TB vaccine she has to get, which will leave a scar. Since we live in a TB zone it's one that you don't usually have to get in the States. Liam and I were a little against it at first and then we went to drop my mom and grandmom off at the airport. Walking through the airport and knowing that a huge portion of the people had probably not been vaccinated against many common ailments sent us running. Getting on a plane in a few weeks has hardened our resolve. I'll just have to grit my teeth and bear it. At least she won't remember it. :'(

1 comment:

  1. She is a doll!!!

    I am hard core for vaccines, but I cried every time until she was around 2, and then I had to suck it up and set a good example. (But that was nothing until they put a catheter in her and I was a MESS.)

    Every time I've gone to the doctor and/or gotten a shot, I've done it in front of P, to model. (I actually try to take her to as many of my appointments as I can.) It helps. But I am sooooo glad that the flu vaccine 2+ is a nasal squirt.

    ReplyDelete