Thursday, December 9, 2010

Recovery

Isn't going as well as I hoped. I'm still going to be taking my exams next week, but it's going to be a sh*tshow. I don't know if I'm overdoing it or what, but it seems that what little energy I was running on is slowly falling apart. Covered in hives, unable to sit for long periods or time, nausea and dizziness is the name of the game now. I have been banished to bed by Liam and pumping as much as I can to keep Z happy. At least I don't have a fever or anything like that...yet. I'm planning on not leaving the house except for my exams until Christmas, or at least until I'm feeling at least 95%. Unfortunately my mom and grandmom leave tomorrow, just as I start really heading downhill. Of course! Going to go back to sleep and try to absorb my course information via osmosis. I don't have any hopes for this semester, passing is all that I'm shooting for. Oy.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes!

    Maybe you can find a doula to care for the baby over night for a couple of nights, so you can get some rest? It sounds like you are straight up exhausted, and no wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Izzie! I am so sorry. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so crummy... feel better soon! Good luck! And hay, you just had a baby, law school finals don't really matter that much in comparison (at least that's what I'm telling myself in the midst of this crazyiness).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's tough - but you can do it. When I had my son I was a 21 year old undergrad with serious health problems (during exams).

    I doubted myself too... but I did it and so can you. And now looking back on that - NOTHING seems impossible. It's amazing what mommies are capable of. You'll see.

    Congrats on your new baby!! And Good Luck with finals :)

    ReplyDelete