Friday, January 21, 2011

Not Dead!

I swear I'm not. Things have been pretty crazy. Between flying, taking the train, driving up and down the East Coast, finishing a short course, trying to secure an internship, and getting registered, I am surprised I know my own name. We have stayed at over 6 places in 2.5 weeks. It seems that Z has taken note of all of this non-baby related craziness and decided she will sleep for between 6-8 hours a night for the past week. Talk about a good kid!

I can't even begin to give a wrap up of the past 4 weeks! It would be incredibly long and drawn out. That said, the rest of the semester will be me figuring out just how I'm doing to be getting to and from school. I don't know if bringing Z with me to school and having someone stay with her for the 2 hours or so I have class per day or leave her with family and be away from her for 10 hours/day. If I take the train, we would be apart for 8 hours. It's still a lot to deal with. The longest I have been away from her is for the 2 hours Liam and I went to see The King's Speech (awesome movie btw). I still can't believe I'm doing this. I keep thinking I should have taken the semester off, but then I know the danger of me continuing school would have dropped off a bit.

In addition to getting things sorted for this semester I am trying to figure out this summer. There are 3 firms I could work for in our town and one that would require me to live in another city for half of the week. Travel between the two cities would only be a 45 min $30 flight away. And since our weekends would be on different days Liam and I would be able to be together 4 days out of the week. The other plus with the flying job is they provide housing, so that wouldn't be an added expense to have to worry about. I'm almost glad there isn't any downtime because I think I would pass out.

I will be updating much more frequently now that all of the craziness will at least be on a schedule!

2 comments:

  1. whew! Good luck! I'm only taking one class this semester, because of the new baby thing and maternity leave. I also worried about taking the whole semester off because it would be so much easier to quit completely!

    Good luck, and let us know how the adjustments go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, woman! You're a superhero rockstar! You can fly between cities yourself! :)

    Seriously: wow. I am in awe of your energy and moxy. You guys really are rocking it.

    ReplyDelete