Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Relearning How to Study

My previous method: go to the library for 3-8 hours take a lunch break and then go home and relax. That doesn't work anymore. I get maybe 3 hour chunks tops during the day to get anything done. This time includes, showering, eating, doing laundry, answering emails. There really isn't much time to study, write my papers etc as I have been used to. I'm going to have to rethink this whole thing to get myself back in the game. If I don't figure it out, then law school + baby isn't going to work. And let's just say I would much rather be reading Dr. Suess than international arbitration conventions!

People keep asking me how I'm doing it all. I honestly have no idea. I don't know if I'm doing it all particularly well, but I am doing the mommy-ing to the best of my ability and the rest can get what attention I have left over. Z is such an amazing little kid. She's all smiles during the day. Even when people call her a boy, even when she is dressed all in pink, wrapped in a pink blanket with a full head of adorable curls, she can't help but smile at them. Other than her little cries when she has gas or in the hour before she konks out for the night, her crying is at a minimum. She loves to babble at me and I talk right back. I could just stare at her for hours and I do sometimes. We just sit and stare at one another. I can't help but try to imagine what she's thinking about, how she's feeling being thrown into this crazy world and what a huge responsibility Liam and I share in giving her all the best we can. I still don't think I feel like a mom. I'm not sure what feeling like a mom is supposed to feel like. Enough of all of that and back to writing this paper because I really don't think I could crank out 30 pages overnight like I used to!

1 comment:

  1. The only way I made it through the last semester of law school with a newborn was by having very low expectations. Of course, being a 3L helped with that, but I love what you say "I am doing the mommy-ing to the best of my ability and the rest can get what attention I have left over." You're doing great, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete