Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jet Lag Like a MoFo

At least Z seems to be adjusting quite well by now. We have been back for a few days and she is finally back on some type of schedule. We had a 10 hour night last night and I was so thankful. I didn't even put her to sleep. My mother had to do it while I went down for a "nap" at 7. I was so tired after seeing Battle: Los Angeles with my sister that I could barely see straight when driving back to her house. Needing to stand throughout the entire movie by the exit didn't help my fatigue. At least she was quite and I got to see the movie, so I can't complain too much.

I finally broke down and asked my mom to hold her for a bit while I napped, so I didn't just keel over. She went to sleep at about 7:30 or so, I vaguely remember Z being brought into the room and she didn't wake until 1:30am and then was back to sleep after a quick snack until 6am! It was great for me. I even had some time from about 4-6am to do a little reading for class.

I'm actually almost done with the reading I have for this semester because some of my profs still haven't given out all of the reading assignments. It's a bit annoying as I feel like I could be more productive and get ahead, but there are worse things that could happen. All in all the semester is shaping up a lot better than I thought it would and my freak out earlier in the semester about wishing I had taken time off is wearing off. Sleep can really change a person's tune. I will never take a good night's rest for granted again.

1 comment:

  1. "Sleep can really change a person's tune."

    Very true! :-)

    Sounds like you're doing a great job juggling parenting with law school!

    ReplyDelete