Friday, May 6, 2011

And it begins

It seems that Z has decided to grow up a bit. Her newest trick...not letting me put her to sleep. She will only go to bed, if I lay her down on her stomach and leave the room. Of course, I'm keeping an eye on her through the open door and then flip her over once she's asleep, but I almost sort of teared up.

We went through out usual routine, bath, feed and then rocking. Except now my rocking leads her to trying to climb up me and pull off my glasses. So I did what I had done previously when I had things to do around the house and it was near bedtime. Usually she would still be awake and I would rock her for a bit before she went to sleep, well that era might be over. After fighting with her a bit I decided to lay her down and leave the room. She was asleep in 10 minutes. I know it seems like a great thing and it is, but I miss our cuddles, especially after being away all day taking an exam. (Oh yeah, on the school front, I had an exam today. It was a tax course and I was pleasantly surprised by how it went. I hope the pleasantness will continue once I get my grade.) Now I can see why women get baby fever, at least after the soreness, sleep deprivation, and fear of doing everything wrong wears off!

No comments:

Post a Comment