Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back to work

After a couple of health set backs I have finally made it back to work 2 days late. Everyone in the office, almost seemed horrified I was coming back so soon, but I knew if I held off I might not come back. I'm still having some stomach issues, but nothing projectile, so I have put myself in the "I can work" column. My travels back to work included 2 flights, one creepy dude who kept watching my while I slept at the gate waiting area and another staring at me on the flight. I guess I should be flattered?

I came to the office straight from the airport, grabbed some lunch (soup), took a shower and headed up to the my office. I didn't really have much today and I'll probably head to the apartment early, i.e. 6pm. It's only 2.5 weeks is what I keep telling myself. It's little things that take only hours off of my stay that make me so happy. I checked on my travel into and found that I am getting in at 10:30pm instead of 2am! Score!!! Who would have thought 4 hours could brighten my day.

At a little less than 7 months old Z is already cruising along the furniture. Liam finds that no matter where he puts her down she is pulled to the wires of our entertainment system like a freaking tractor beam. Glad that Liam already had the foresight to mount the tv to the wall, but now a wire solution is in the works in his mind. When it comes to DIY I stand back and maybe hand him a screwdriver every once in a while. With the exception of the installation of more and more shelves all over the kitchen, I have given him wide home improvement berth. I can only imagine what child-focused improvements we'll need to make that haven't even dawned on us yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment