Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Enjoying Hotel Living

Liam and Z are here, hence my MIA status. They have been here for almost a week and have been enjoying as much as we can. The weather has been HORRIBLE. Torrential rain almost everyday. We got in a few great hours at the zoo on the weekend. Speaking of the zoo, you get to freaking feed the animals. They give you bags of fruit and veg for a donation of whatever you feel is appropriate. We gave a couple of euros and my only regret isn't that we didn't buy more bags. Feeding the elephants has to be one of the most fun things I have ever done at a zoo.

The elephants are so dexterous with their trunks and it was amazing to see them grab a piece of fruit or veg off out of your hand, swing it up to their mouth and chow down. I don't know how this is healthy for the animals or you keep people from giving them bad stuff, but we weren't second guessing and fed away. Liam and I actually got so excited I hate to say it, but we kind of forgot about Z sleeping in the stroller right next to us. I'm sure she won't feel bad about being left out of our goofy face, look-at-me-I'm-feeding-an-elephant-face pictures.

Work has been good, I'm missing out on a work fun day tomorrow because the fam is here, but I'll swing by the bar have a drink or two and say hi. I was also able to chat at a few lawyers who have worked in the office I want to work in and they are setting up meetings for me! I'm definitely trying to make the most of my time here. That said, I can't wait until we're all home together even if it's only for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I love your blog! I am starting law school in August and have a slight addiction to reading law student blogs right now. :]
    you can check out my blog at www.bonjourmissmary.com

    what type of law do you hope to practice?

    ReplyDelete