Saturday, June 4, 2011

Finally have internet again

After I moved out of the hotel, I decided it was time to pick up a mobile internet usb and go from there. After 4 days, freaking down and crying in the vodafone store because I hadn't seen Z in 3 days, I am finally online using O2! Thanks god because I was beginning to freak out.

My apartment is a bit of a mess, but work has really nice facilities so I don't really mind hanging around here. I also want to be available for any last minute projects or foosball games that go on in the evenings. The best thing about Liam and Z being at home is I can spend crazy hours at the office and it has no adverse impact on my life. Grades from the last semester are coming in and I have to say it was one of my better semesters. I have actually done better this year than 1L. I don't know if that says anything about having a baby in law school, I suspect not, other than maybe don't be too afraid.

Other than that, I'm not really exploring the city. I want to wait until Liam and Z are here before we go to the Zoo, Botanical Gardens and the like. I wish I could do some traveling, but the prices of last minute flights and time involved just makes me want to take a nap. The biggest and most fun I had last week was choosing course for next semester. I have successfully managed to get them all on one day, which would be amazing. I would only have to be away from Z for 14 hours a week, although I might put her into daycare twice or three times a week because she seems to love it!

Liam sends me a few daily photos and a run down of their morning which I get when I come into work. The best part is when he describes her nearly launching herself out of the carseat and into the arms of the women who work in the infant room at daycare. He likes to call her little dance the crazy worm, she squirms, claps and smiles so much he can barely get her out. It makes me happy to no end to know how much she enjoys it there. Since she's such a responsive baby, smiling, cooing and laughing up a storm people love to interact with her and she LOVES it when people pay attention to her.

I miss her so much, but knowing that she's happy makes me happy. And thank goodness for skype again. She looks at me on the screen and immediately makes me smile, which makes me feel better. I keep having this irrational fear that she's going to forget me. Summer class reading and catching up on all of the gossip website are calling my name.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - how did you cope without the internet?!! :-0

    ReplyDelete