Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Some things are just different

This is the first time I have been away for the 4th and not been around Americans or anyone that even cared it was the 4th of July, guess what it blows. I really like the holiday because it isn't about presents or anything ridiculous, except maybe driving to every local town and finding out where the fireworks are by spotting them through the trees.

Liam had a grand time with Z, he dresser her up, made brownies, etc. I think he likes the 4th more than some Americans just as a screw you to the Brits! Even though I am one of those too! Oh well, Z will certainly have a confusingly awesome time trying to tell people just how she identifies herself.

We'll just have to find out own way to celebrate something this summer, perhaps incorporating Liam's bday. I have totally dropped the ball on that one, I have no clue what to get him. It feels a bit crazy to buy anything since it's like he's buying his own present, I don't have the time or supplies to make anything in advance and it's too late to order something. I'll figure it out, but it is a little depressing.

Summer is winding down and there isn't much time left. I am trying to make it as productive as possible. I am turning in projects quickly, except for one that has been on my desk for a week because no one attached to it has been in the office. Glad to know vacations are not taboo at the firm, well at least in this office. I have also set up my meetings with managing directors at other offices where I want to work. Yay, networking. Two networking lunches this week and one for next week so far. This summer will be productive and helpful and I'll look back on it and forget how much it sucked to be away from the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment