Monday, August 22, 2011

Schedule Craziness

And here I thought that choosing my classes was the most difficult part. Now my general concerns about about ensuring I'm not completely screwing myself over when it comes to requirements. I had a professor who mentioned an in depth paper would be required for the class. In order to graduate, a 25-30 page research paper is required. I completed that course and might be taking 2 this semester. Yikes I know. So I emailed the prof to ask about the paper requirement and the reply was somewhere along the lines of 20 pages would be fine if you're really great. This isn't even for a writing requirement class! That doesn't even make sense!! Needless to say, that class will be dropped and I'll be finding a better alternative.

My class on one day/wk method is still working out fine, but now getting to and from school is the issue. My dad, who promised me a car to use for 6 months, has said that he doesn't have any cars right now. He buys used cars, takes them to his friend that owns a garage and then sells them. They split the profits. He almost seemed surprised by the fact that I needed a car, although we had throughly discussed it back in May. So it looks like I'll need to get by without a car for a couple of weeks or figure something out on my own. Our budget covered car insurance, but not really a rental car + buying a used car. I might be able to swing cabs for a few trips back and forth to the train. Train tickets aren't really in the budget, but I don't have the time to take the bus.

That said, I'm looking forward to living with the grandparents, helping my grandmother out and just generally getting the house in order. Any ideas for a kitchen renovation on a crazy small budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment